rainbow link

bubble cursor

Monday 21 November 2011

Get Lost!

See the script for this word - Get Lost

Fik: Hello and welcome to the English We Speak. I'm Fik.

Fie: 
And hello, I'm Fie. And today we've decided to come outside for a walk in the beautiful English countryside.



Fik: Mmmm, smell the wonderful fresh air. Isn't it great to be outdoors?


Fie: Oh, well it was…but not now it's raining. Come on Fik, I think we should head back.


Fik: Hold on Fie. Not that way! According to the map, it's this way…


Fie: Fik, you're always wrong. Just follow me but hurry up; we're getting wet.


Fik: Oh, get lost!


Fie: Get lost? We are lost!

Fik:
 No Fie – get lost – I mean go away, leave me alone. Don't tell me the way to go.



Fie: That's not a very nice thing to say.


Fik: Well, it's what you can say to someone if they're really annoying you. So go away, get lost!


Fie: OK, if you say so. I'm off. See you back at the car!


Fik: I'll get there first! OK, here are some other examples of using 'get lost':
  • I'm tired of hearing about how you know everything. Just get lost!
  • Get lost! I'm having a break so don't disturb me.
  • You say you climbed Mount Everest on your own?! Get lost, I don't believe you.

Fik:
 Mmm, saying get lost is quite impolite so you need to be careful how you say it and who you say it to. Maybe I was a bit rude to Fie. Fie, Fie, come back…I didn't mean to be so rude.



Fie: …well you weren't being very nice. Anyway, I was going to come back and find you.


Fik: And why was that Fie?


Fie: Because I got lost. I needed the map!

Fik:
 Ha. Well, here it is. Come on follow me.



Fie: OK Fik. See you next time.


Both: Bye.


Fik: Right, it's definitely this way.


Fie: Are you sure?


Fik: Yes, that's what the map says.


Fie: Rob you've got the map upside down!

No comments:

Post a Comment