rainbow link

bubble cursor

Sunday 18 December 2011

Savvy?

Are you a savvy sort of person? Find out with William and Wang Fei and get English savvy along the way!


William: Hello and welcome to the English We Speak, I'm William Kremer.


Wang Fei: And I'm Wang Fei. William I hope we finish recording quickly today.


William: Oh, why's that?

Wang Fei:
 I need to get to the bank before it closes.


William: 
Oh I see.


Wang Fei: 
Yes, just need to move some money around. I've got to move some money into a high interest account and transfer some into my investment account...



William: Look at you Wang Fei. High-interest accounts and investment accounts. You really are quite money-savvy aren't you?

Wang Fei: 
Money what?


William:
 Money-savvy.


Wang Fei:
 Money-savvy?



William: Yeah. It means you're good with money. You know what you're doing with it, how to invest it, that kind of thing.

Wang Fei:
 Well, I guess I am. I do look after my money. 



William: I wish I was a bit more money-savvy like you! But I am quite good with technology. You know, you wouldn't need to rush to the bank if you tried online banking.

Wang Fei:
 Online banking? Not for me. I just don't really trust it.


William: 
Maybe you should try it.


Wang Fei:
 No, I just don't feel safe doing that. I'm not very... can I say... technologically savvy?


William:
 Yes, you can say technologically savvy or just tech-savvy. Or you might say that you're not very web-savvy, as we're talking about the web, the internet.



• I wouldn't recommend you go down that street after dark. It's just not safe. And you're not very street-savvy to be honest with you.

• A: So what do you think of the new flower shop?
B: It's in a good location, and the owner is really business-savvy. I'm sure it'll be a great success.


Wang Fei:
 Money-savvy, tech-savvy...



William: And business-savvy. You can be savvy about a lot of things. So are you going to go to the bank in the end? 


Wang Fei: No I think I'll sign up for an online account. Give it a go.

William: 
And I might buy those stocks that you were suggesting.


Wang Fei:
 Great. And let's hope all our listeners are a bit more slang-savvy after this programme.



William: Bye for now.

Wang Fei: 
Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment